• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New driver

1990fox306

I just bought my first car. It is a 1990 Mustang GT in Oxford White with a bored 302. I have been working on cars for a while and have always been in love with foxbodies. I saved up for over a year to afford it, and this is what I managed to get. It looks pretty clean but definitely needs some work. As of right now, it runs and drives fine, but needs mufflers. I also need a new battery, and the airbags need to be fixed. I assume the previous owner wanted to turn this car into a drag car, but just lost interest. Let me know how it looks!

Attachments

• FrontRight.png
    FrontRight.png
    594.7 KB · Views: 4
  • FrontLeft.png
    FrontLeft.png
    644.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Engine.png
    Engine.png
    538.7 KB · Views: 5
  • BackRight.png
    BackRight.png
    675 KB · Views: 5

broncojunkie

Very nice! Congratulations! Looks like you got a nice one!

I zoomed in on your engine pic and noticed it still has the 2g alternator. I would highly suggest planning for a 3g swap as soon as you can. These cars are notoriously lacking in the charging system. All of my foxes get 3g alternator, electric fan, and 3-row aluminum radiators. They're all fairly cheap if you know what to use. There are plenty of write-ups on the 3g swap. You can source the alternator itself from many places, but my last 2 were cheap ones from amazon and ebay. Just under $70 shipped. No problems out of either. The fans, I use a single fan for a chevy hhr. I just order a new one from Rockauto. Around $50. Most people like going with a dual fan (Ford Contour). The aluminum radiators I've been using came from ebay...$150ish. They're all-welded and the quality seems good. I've overheated several times, dealing with some wiring issues, and zero leaks. I've had the more expensive ones and they literally looked about the same.

Anyway, just a few ideas for you to think about.