• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Bronco

broncojunkie

I've been looking at the specs on the new Bronco and trying to reason myself into making it seem like a legitimate purchase. Looks like a fun suv. I've always sort of envied people running around in their jeeps with the top down.

My current daily driver is a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport 4wd. I use it for random truck purposes like hauling car parts. It's had everything from hoods, doors, and hatches in it to engines, transmissions, and rear ends. It only has a 5 ft bed, but that's usually enough for what I need. I do a lot of home projects and have carried lumber, appliances, and just about anything else you can think of. So I don't feel it would be feasible to replace it with a bronco.

There's also the problem of towing capacity. My Tacoma will tow, iirc, about 6325 lbs. Just enough for a basic open car hauler and a fox mustang. The closest track is an hour and a half away, so I plan to haul mine if I ever start racing them. (I plan to next year.... might even make a couple test & tunes this year). The Bronco is only rated for 3500 lbs, so that's not gonna do it. I think my only chance is to talk the wife into trading in her 2015 4-Runner. But man, that thing is comfy.

Have you guys thought about them at all? Base price is around $28k. Looks like some decent options for around $33k.