• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Arizona Member

Nomad-DK

New to Mustangs in general. Just picked up a 92 GT 5 speed for my Daughter and I to work on together.
It currently has GT40 heads with Andy's Valves and Springs, E303 Cam, upgraded Mass Air and full exhaust. Pretty sure it needs a tune pops in the higher rpms a bit.
Interior is pretty rough so we will be starting there soon.
Looking forward to learning a lot about this car. Just happy my daughter was interested in something other than Japanese Cars. lol

broncojunkie

Welcome! I would go through the ignition system and check fuel pressure. If those seem ok, move on to the tps. That's a common problem that can cause what you're describing.

What color is it? Post some pics, if you get a chance!

broncojunkie

Looks like a good solid project! I would love to have a fox with a/c. I actually have 3 that were a/c cars, but most of the a/c stuff was long gone when I got them. All 3 are 1979 models and the early a/c parts are hard to come by. The later foxes had much better a/c, so if I do install a system, it'll most likely be the later style.

Do you two plan on keeping the a/c?

Nomad-DK

Keeping AC for sure. We live in Arizona heat is pretty unbearable at times. Previous owner said when he charged it up it work but has a leak somewhere. So we’ll see how much it takes to fix. Luckily we are in the cooler season now.

broncojunkie

They're pretty basic systems. You can convert to r134a and add some dye in it. It's probably just a condenser or hose fitting.

Nomad-DK

Right On. Just received window motors door lock actuators and random guide and what not to get everything in the doors working properly. Still waiting for the weather striping

Blueknights75

Great looking GT! Congratulations and welcome from NC! I see you have some vacuum hoses blocked off…looks like a clean project!

broncojunkie

The one vacuum tube sticking out from under the front of the upper plenum is just an extra. That intake is off an explorer and they had some extra fittings. I'd be doing some snooping and see what else has been done to it. For instance, 3 or 4 "bars" cast into the end of the heads means they also used the heads off the explorer, which is a nice upgrade. If they swapped heads, then there's a good chance they upgraded cam, as well.

You can also pop a valve cover and see if it has stock rocker arms or aftermarket. A popular upgrade is to go to a 1.7 rocker for more lift.... either with the stock cam or aftermarket. My 88gt (now owned by a good friend) has a Ford B303 cam with 1.7 rockers and that car is a blast.

broncojunkie

Previous owner said it had roller rockers with a e303 and Andy’s valves. He lost interest in the fox when he picked up a newer model.
That just goes to show you how short my attention span is lol. I just scrolled up and read your original post again. Gt40 heads ftw!

Nomad-DK

I'm starting to think I should have garbed a full regulator. Window is still rolling up and down really slow.
Replaced motor, guide bushings and run channel. Also cleaned and greased everything. Also lubed run channel with Teflon dry lube.

Blueknights75

I have spent 8 hours on one window alignment for my vert and it’s still not perfect…not a job for someone with OCD like myself.

broncojunkie

You could try unhooking the glass from the regulator and then grabbing the glass and sliding it up the window track. If it goes up and down without much effort, then it's probably in the motor or regulator. If it doesn't, then it probably has something to do with the window frame or run channel.