• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need some info on sheet metal

I bought a 1983 ford mustang t top 302 4 speed car this is my frist foxbody mustang and I have some questions about were to find some sheet metal for it or if they reproduces the sheet metal I need or if I need to find a parts cars and cut it out of that I need the rear under seat pan

broncojunkie

I don't believe that part is being reproduced, but luckily, it's not one of the more common rust areas. Yes, I've seen rust there in several cars, but most of them are clean. T-top and convertibles are more likely to have issues there. Find a hard top being parted out and you should find what you need. You can also piece in some regular sheet metal and form it, but a donor will save you some time.

347HO

Dayum....
If you were close, I'd swing by, cut that out and fabricate you a new part from 14ga hot rolled carbon.
Sorry to see what you got there, but its never too late to start learning metal fabrication...