• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need help guys

331coupefox

So I have been chasing down a problem with no luck....
Cold start issue and small rough idle it dosent stay stable and motor shakes a lot ...
So let me tell you a lil bit about it so it’s a 331 stroker stage 2 tfs cam 24# injectors matching mass air meter afr 185 renegade heads 1.6 scorpion rockers 80mm power plus throttle body trick flow upper and lower intake aluminum pullys just to name the main parts.....so th car was originally in my drop top and ran great no issues I bought a coupe and swapped motors and now the motor has not ran like it used to and I can’t seem to find out why ......

things I have done to try and find the problem ....

new ignition coil
New distributor
New plugs
New fuel pump
New adjustable pressure regulator set at 38psi at wo
All new sensors
New fuel relay
Checked timing set around 13-14
New idle control valve
Did a base idle reset tps set at .98 volts
I also hooked up a smoke machine and no vacuum leaks
Did a compression test (dry) 170 was the lowest highest was 180 all other cylinders were in between

car has tons of power and pulls hard but something is still off idles a lil rough shakes a lot and it takes about 3 try’s to start car
Any help would be appreciated guys I’m going crazy lol

broncojunkie

Can you possibly give us a list of parts that weren't on your vert? In particular, I'm curious about the ecm, transmission and flywheel/flexplate, ignition switch, fuel tank, lines, and filter. Tfi module on the distributor and harness been swapped/replaced?