• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My '84 and '86

Redtwilight

Shinigami
I wasn't sure were to post this.
At the moment There isn't enough info or even a start to make a build thread for these two.

I would like to eventually get around to working on these when time and money permit. I even have somewhat of a plan laid out for the '86. But first I've got the '93, the '96 Cobra, and a '64 Fairlane that I want to direct my attention to.

First up is my Light Desert Tan V6 1984 L coupe. 3.8 ltr automatic with Tan interior. This was my first vehicle that I had in high school. Unfortunately on the way to school one morning, less than a quarter mile from home, my dad fell asleep and crossed into my lane totaling both his car and my coupe.
It is repairable, but I never got around to it. So it has been sitting neglected for some time now.

But there was a silver lining!

With the insurance money I ended up getting a 1986 5.0 automatic LX hatch with T-tops. It was originally red but painted blue by a previous owner. The only modifications were a change of wheels and an O/R H-pipe with Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back. I also purchased the 2 1/2" cowl SVO hood and had it repainted Bimini Blue.
After I bought my '96 Cobra I let my brother drive it for a little bit until he let it overheat and seized up the motor. A few years went by and my dad got a new stock 5.0 block to replace the seized one. Since then he has been driving it every so often.
As mentioned previously, I already have a plan for it one day if I ever get the time and money.

Last edited:

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Awesome cars! Love the interior in that coupe!

Thanks!
It could use a little bit of cleaning though!;)

I'd like to keep it tan when I restore it. But I'm thinking of adding some black to it somewhere. Maybe the floor carpet, seats, and some trim on the dash and door panels.