• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MAP/BAP Sensor Mass Air Conversion Question

blublocker

Hello,
Thanks for reading! I have a 1987 5.0 GT that I've had since 1993. It is now a project car that I'm slowly working on with my son who is 11. Hopefully working on it until he's 16, he'll gain some appreciation, and not wrap it around a tree. Years ago I converted to mass air with the ford kit (cobra computer, 24 lb injectors, mass air harness, etc.). I'm looking at replacing the MAP sensor, and am wondering if I should replace it with the BAP sensor. As you know, the MAP sensor port get plugged for the conversion. I'd appreciate the help from anyone who has been down this road...I know I'm not the only one...thanks guys!!

blublocker

Hello,
Thanks for reading! I have a 1987 5.0 GT that I've had since 1993. It is now a project car that I'm slowly working on with my son who is 11. Hopefully working on it until he's 16, he'll gain some appreciation, and not wrap it around a tree. Years ago I converted to mass air with the ford kit (cobra computer, 24 lb injectors, mass air harness, etc.). I'm looking at replacing the MAP sensor, and am wondering if I should replace it with the BAP sensor. As you know, the MAP sensor port get plugged for the conversion. I'd appreciate the help from anyone who has been down this road...I know I'm not the only one...thanks guys!!
I sent an email to the guys at 5.0 Resto since that’s where I’ll be buying the sensor. He said it didn’t matter which one, and nothing would be gained by going either the BAP. Just thought I’d share that in case someone needed to know....