• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looking for new rims and tires need help with sizing

Cummins1980

New here ……just bought a 86 hate the current rims on it and want to get new rims and tires but unsure of what rim/tire size I can go to without doing any modifications any advice would be appreciated currently it has 245/50/16 on it

broncojunkie

There a lot of info to go over but the best source I've found is to go to LMR's website and look through their wheel & tire kits. The sizes are pretty much spot-on for these cars. If there are fitment issues, it's typically listed in their descriptions. It's also a good starting point if you want to go taller and/or wider. Just do a web search for the next size up from their listing (if that makes sense). It's been really helpful for me!

broncojunkie

A lot of people don't care for those wheels, but there's a few of us who love them. I happen to be one of the guys with a soft spot for 10 holes lol! I need a nice clean set.