• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looking for 1983 Recaro Pace Car Seats

DDTM16

Hi,

I'm looking for Recaro Pace Car Seats for my 83' Mustang (attached an image of them), but I'm having no luck finding them for under $1,000 dollars. Do they really go for this much? If not, does anyone know where I can get these for cheaper?

1979_1982_Mustang_Recaro_GT_Sport_Seat_Covers__00433.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Danny

broncojunkie

They're only going up in price. I was hoping by now, someone would have started repopping them. Your best bet is to find a car that already has them, swap the seats, then sell the car. Sounds crazy but probably the cheapest route. Also, keep in mind the fact that the oem fabric was terrible. They almost always need reupholstered. Last I checked, the upholstery kit was around a grand and they won't fit correctly unless you also buy the new foam sets (another $400 maybe?) I also paid a shop to do the work and they charged $600. You can diy it, but they're not exactly easy to do. I was in it for a little over $2k and I'm working on another pace car now, so double that lol!

On a related note, I found a company that sells nylon netting that matches the headrest. If you come across a set and the headrest need restored, shoot me a pm. I have some extra you can have.