• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help! Power Door Lock stopped working.

So I have replaced the switch twice. Is it possible that I got two bad ones from the junkyard?
Where do I look next? Passenger side works in the switch is in the drivers side but drivers side doesn't work.

347HO

So I have replaced the switch twice. Is it possible that I got two bad ones from the junkyard?
Where do I look next? Passenger side works in the switch is in the drivers side but drivers side doesn't work.
I'm fairly certain its the lock actuator.
You can test it with a voltmeter at the actuator 12vdc connector to see if its getting power. If it is getting power, then the actuator is bad. If its not getting power, then I suspect the connector has recessed pin, or a bad wire harness, or even a loose connector.

I'm fairly certain its the lock actuator.
You can test it with a voltmeter at the actuator 12vdc connector to see if its getting power. If it is getting power, then the actuator is bad. If its not getting power, then I suspect the connector has recessed pin, or a bad wire harness, or even a loose connector.
It sounds like the lock is activating when I use the passenger side switch. The lock hasn't worked right in a while. It makes the sound but the door knob doesn't go down.
I'm thinking it has got to be a wire. Because I replaced the switches twice and it still doesn't work.
I am going to be upgrading my 20-year-old alarm and I am sure they can figure it out while they do that.
It's a pain in the butt right now. I did replace my worn-out and cracked bezels while I did this. They do look a lot better.