• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello to all from New Lenox IL. FOX fever forever!

Pshafar

84 convertible with two issues which I need feedback! Dash lights died years ago. Does anyone offer rebuilt units with LED's?
I have the sport seats with Halo headrests in oxblood red. Who makes upholstery for the original red pattern?
Looking forward to any responses!
20170923_173728.jpg

broncojunkie

Beautiful fox! Welcome! I can't help much with the upholstery. You can check with SMS Auto Fabrics if you don't have any luck with the Mustang vendors (LMR, National Parts Depot, CJ Pony). I know SMS had some hard-to-find fabrics for these cars.

As for the dash, there are some expensive options for digital, I think. I never really looked into them. I can tell you a very common problem with the factory dash lights, though. Pull the cluster and remove the twist-lock bulb holders. If you look closely at the holders, there are brass contacts. Clean them up with a bit of emory cloth and then grab the flexible contacts and pull them out slightly. They'll make a better contact with the board. You can also buy replacements. They're really cheap on ebay. Hope this helps!
Screenshot_20220417-142622_eBay.jpg