• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello, I have a 1987 5.0 LX hatchback I am restoring, modifying, fixing. I live in Mesa, Arizona

Terry

My latest problem is this. I replaced the heater core and changed all the AC over to R134. Now when I turn the AC or heater on, it will not blow through the vents. It blows to the floor. Any diagrams, advice that would help me fix this problem would be appreciated.

Vermont SVT

Does the selector switch feel the same or does it feel different? I’m wondering if a cable was missed or fell off?

broncojunkie

The blend door operates via engine vacuum. Check under hood for vacuum leaks... particularly around the small plastic lines near the passenger side firewall.

Sawmill

Old and tired
There are three or four small vacuum lines that actuate various dash pots. One might just be disconnected. They have color coded stripes.

Fenrader

Not sure if this will come in handy during your troubleshooting or not. See attached.

Attachments

• AC Diagram.jpg
    AC Diagram.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3