• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello from Tucson, Arizona...need opinions

Dee

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and need some help. I admit, I've been mostly a chevy fan and have had many Camaros and Corvettes, however, I've always loved the Fox body Mustangs and feel they will be a great investment when properly preserved. Because I'm not familiar with them yet, I came upon one for sale I would like to buy but not sure what I should pay and if it would be a good investment so I'm hoping someone can help me. My husband and I drove a pretty nice 93 GT yesterday. It's that pretty blue-green color, all original paint (my husband is a bodyman so can spot bodywork from a mile away). Holding it back is an automatic unfortunately but it has been in the family since new. It was bought by a man at age 47 and he's recently passed so his widow is selling the car. It has every option except sunroof. It runs good, shifts right and everything seems to work. It was left bone stock accept for headers. Widow threw out original manifolds. It has 93k miles. An original Arizona car bought locally. Everything works but as my husband points out, these cars are old and wear is showing with some interior broken pieces, side door pockets shot, gray leather in really nice condition. Interior overall pretty decent. No door dings and paint showing its age but it has been garaged all its life and still good, however 1 year in the sun in AZ and it would be shot. The car is very original but on the verge as my husband says. She will take 4500 for it as storing it is getting too expensive for her. My husband thinks thats too much. She won't take 3500 for it. Is this something that would be worth investing in? and at what price. Anyone?

Rum Runner

Hi Dee,
If you're looking for an investment, you might want to look for an SVT Cobra Mustang or a Saleen. I've never seen a Cobra for sale
but there is the odd Saleen being sold. Good luck.

broncojunkie

Sounds like the color may be "calypso" green, which has a good following as one of the most desired colors. They tend to bring a little more, especially in original condition. Don't worry about the headers. If you want a set of stockers, they can be had very cheap, if not free. I think I scrapped a couple sets this summer. As for the lacking sunroof, that's also a big plus. The sunroofs were problematic due to internal drain tubes that would get plugged and cause rust throughout the inner roof bracing and roof support pillars.

Where I live, here in West Virginia, that car would bring $4000, but it seems people here don't value originality as much as performance mods. I'm sure it would bring more in other areas, and maybe less in some other areas.

I wouldn't be too put off by that price. Probably not a good one to flip for a profit, but I'm betting it would be a great long-term investment if it were kept stock.