• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello everyone

Andy23

My name is Andrew (Andy) Young. I live in the central Ohio area. I love to hunt, work, and auto-x. I am a 2.3 turbo nut. I have owned 3 merkur xr4ti's. Selling off my last one now. I am joining this forum to find more information on how fox body's perform on the track. I am looking to purchase a non-running 1984 svo from a guy i know. I was wandering what one would go for. He is asking $2500. I felt that was a little high. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Andy Young

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Andy, Welcome to Foxbodymustangs.org there should be some more to chime in to help you out.. Hope you enjoy your stay.

rkuhn

From one 2.3T nut to another welcome:D I would say $2500 for a non running SVO is very high unless it's a minor fix or the body and interior is in immaculate condition.

Andy23

Thanks for the warm welcoms. Feels like my merkur forum already. Been browsing. Found some good threads.

On the topic of the 1984 im looking at, interior seams to be 7 out of 10, body looks ok, no major rust, but have not seen strut towers or under engine bay. I was thinking about offering $1700. Does that seem fair?

Welcome to the forum! Craigslist will be your best friend in your search for your next 2.3t project. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Welcome Andy, It sounds like a great project that you may possibly end up with. As you know, the overall condition of body,interior and, or, if any, missing parts or not, will dictate the price. I'm sure some of the members who are experienced in the turbo 4 cars will chime in and be happy to help with their expertise. This site has some really nice turbo G.T. and S.V.O. rides posted. Good luck on your possible purchase.
P.S. It wouldn't hurt to post a few pic's of the body and interior. Even if its from a picture phone.

Andy23

Ill get on it this weekend. The car has sat at this guys old rundown gas/service station for over a year. Ill see if i can get him out this weekend to give it a good once over. Last i talked to him i told him that this car needs to be brought back to life. He obviously has no want to bring it back to life. Or at least it seemed as if he had no ambition to do so.

rkuhn

If the body and interior is in good shape I would say $1700 is still on the high side depending on what is wrong with it mechanically. Prices are subject to the buyer though. In other words if it's worth $1700 to you then it's worth it. SVO's are getting harder to find. Do you know whats wrong with it mechanically?

Andy23

Ill look at it this weekend snap some pictures and feel it out. I can shoot lower. (Obviously i dont want to over pay.) But i dont want to low ball and make this dude upset with me.

Blown347

Staff member
Here on the San Diego market 1700 is like a steal on an SVO lol. I've been looking for one for months and anyone tht has a running one sells them for 4-5 grand. I found one for 1500 but its a rust bucket. To me if there's no rust and the body and interior are pretty decent 1700 is reasonable. Plus regardless of what's wrong with the motor the 2.3 is pretty cheap so far as parts go, especially if you do all ur wok urself.