• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

GT turbos…

daputman

I inherited a 84 GT turbo convertible…my research has showed me that there were only 104 of these made. My question is does anyone know how or where I can get papers on the car like how many made different things like that, historical data to keep to bring up the value or for show like in car shows, it is now a 3rd owner.

broncojunkie

Sounds like an awesome car. I'd love to have a turbo GT! I don't think I believe you, however. Better post several high-quality pics to be sure lol!

I think the Marti report is what you're after, although I have heard they are spotty on some info. For instance, they don't list production numbers for early (79-81) Cobras.

This may also help:

Or this...

Or even this...

Good luck! Let us know what you find out!

daputman

I’ll try those thanks. I don’t know if you have seen one. But it looks like the same 2.3L that was in the SVO’s but this has FI on it and a turbo, I thought that 86 was the first year for FI? I also have my 85 GT but it has the carb on it. But thanks will keep posted.