• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Greetings From southwest Fl

85foureye

Well this is my first foray into Mustangs but not my first foray into cars by a long shot. So I dragged out this rough stang after it was abandoned in a yard. I am Hoping to bring it back to life but its gonna need alot of work. The floors and frame are very solid but the same cant be said for the doors, hood and trunk seal area. I guess I am also curious if this car is really worth saving.

Attachments

• mustang rear (2).jpg
    mustang rear (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • mustang side 1 (2).jpg
    mustang side 1 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Welcome to the site.
It's great to see that another four eye Foxbody attempted to be saved.
Whether it is worth saving will depend on actually how far gone those areas are that you mentioned and how much your willing to put into it. Any pictures of those areas?
If there is more to it as alluded to by the SCCA ProSolo decal and lowered stance; it may have some nice suspension pieces already.
Dig a little deeper into and make a determination from there.

85foureye

well i know most of the history of the car. It was originally bought by a man who worked at the Ford test track when he ordered this car. I am the second owner. It spent several years in the 80's through the early 2000's doing autocross / pro solo. there are some nice suspension parts on it. Luckily the original drivetrain has survived completely intact. I have no problem putting the work in to solve the rust areas on it. I heard or read somewhere that the 5spd lx 5.0 coupe was farily rare for 85 and if that is in fact the case then i will put forth the work to save it. Otherwise I would just let it be a parts car for someone else.

broncojunkie

Very nice. Sounds like it's pretty much solid in all the right places. I started a build thread for an 86 coupe I'm rescuing. Similar situation, but mine is probably a little rougher lol! Frame and torque boxes are good, but the floors were trash. A buddy is putting new floors in for me. Needs doors too and maybe a fender or two. I found it as a roller. I have a 408w built for it along with a c4. It will probably be later this summer before I can really get started on it (if not next year). Looking forward to following along on yours!