• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Greetings from Massachusetts

devldog131

Hi, everybody. New member from Massachusetts here. After decades of wanting and waiting, I'm finally the proud owner of my first fox body, a 93 GT Convertible.

It's already going into the shop for a new AC compressor clutch, and I've dropped more than a thousand dollars between CJPonyParts, LMR, and Crutchfield. I'm interested to know what things the seasoned fox body owners recommend I address right away or keep an eye on to address in the future.

Thanks!

Driveway.jpg
Front End.jpg
W Truck Cropped.jpg

broncojunkie

Nice looking vert! Welcome to the group!

I always considered 3-row aluminum radiator and 3G alternator a top priority. I've never had an issue with the ebay-special welded all-aluminum radiators. They're currently around $150 shipped. I've had several of them.

You will want to check the condition of the ignition switch and headlight switch. Any issues and they should be replaced. You can modify the headlight switch by wiring it through a relay, so that your not sending full amperage through the switch itself. Another thing you might consider is an led headlight conversion. You'll read a lot of stuff about the housing not being compatible for correct led projection, but try it and see what you think. It doesn't take much to get WAY better headlights than oem. You may have to see what others are using or try a few different ones. Luckily, they're pretty cheap these days.