• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

gauge problem

Manny5.0

I need some help with my gauges the only 2 gauges that work are my MPH and my temperature gauge nothing else works can anyone help me out

Al-balls537

How are you I’m new to this forum.
Have an 89 Lx 5.0 convertible. My gas gauge stuck all the way up over F. Any suggestions do I need to pull the float??

broncojunkie

How are you I’m new to this forum.
Have an 89 Lx 5.0 convertible. My gas gauge stuck all the way up over F. Any suggestions do I need to pull the float??
If you haven't already, you'll probably need to dropb the tank and plan on replacing the sending unit. You can check the wiring, but it's usually a problem with corrosion on the unit itself. I say drop the tank because often, a corroded sending unit will also mean crud/rust in the tank. You'll want to have a look inside. New tanks are fairly inexpensive and could eliminate fuel problems later on.