• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SOLD Garaged 1987 Foxbody GT 5.0 Convertible, 3-Speed Automatic, White and silver paint with white leather interior 101,500 Miles $15,000 Chicago, IL

michaelS

I’m selling my 1987 Foxbody GT 5.0 Convertible. My dad bought her from a friend and passed her down to me. Unfortunately, it’s time to let her go if she can find a good home. This particular example has been lovingly enjoyed by 3 owners in the last 30 years, garaged, and fastidiously maintained. Gleaming paint, a ferocious engine, supple bucket seats, and a driving experience that can only be appreciated by getting behind the wheel of this GT, that is, if you find yourself the new lucky owner.

I’ll be upfront with the downside, she came with a rebuilt title. My mechanic has been over the car, tune ups and replacement of the gas tank and fuel pump, and thanks to this forum I’ve been able to make a number of repairs over the years (new alternator, replacement power window motor, new horn, new fuel pump and gas tank), and we never found anything of concern.

More photos and information are available upon request.

1987MustangGT-1A.jpeg

1987MustangGT-2A.jpeg

1987MustangGT-4A.jpeg

1987MustangGT-ConvertableTopBoot1.jpg

1987MustangGT-13B.jpeg

1987MustangGT-15.jpeg

1987MustangGT-Dashboard2.jpg

1987MustangGT-12.jpeg

1987MustangGT-20.jpeg

1987MustangGT-Underside-2.jpg

1987MustangGT-Underside-4.jpg

1987MustangGT-Underside-7.jpg

1987MustangGT-Manual.jpg

Last edited:

michaelS

I just took a video walking around the car with the top up and down and a cold start. My phone’s audio cuts in and out as the wind was gusting, but hope you can hear enough of the start and idle to be helpful.