• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fox body front sway bar bracket assembly line plastic nut retainer.

MrBottleneck

Well, as many of you have found out the little plastic double ended nut retainer pieces always crack/break.
Im trying to keep my car original (or atleast box up and keep all factory parts). I replaced my sway bar bushings with factory oem nos ones and same with sway bar link bushings. Of course the plastic retainers for the SB bracket nuts cracked.
As a guy that dabbles quite a bit in fab stuff (or atleast trys) I figured heck I can make heavy duty steel pieces to capture nut that won't ever break.
I tried to replicate the same size as the plastic pieces.
I mocked up a practice pair first (not exact size) for alignment then went on and made the size I wanted.
Its nice having the tools to make stuff thats for sure.
If anyone wants my mock up set hit me up. They can be cut down in width as you see fit.
Sure beats uncaptured nuts :p
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

PS: If anyone has two unbroken plastic retainers or know where I can get two let me know. Would like to have them to keep.

Last edited: