• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finally another 5.0

LX Shredder

Hey I just bought my second LX hatchback after getting into a accident 11 years ago in a mint 1989 LX hatchback. My new car is a 1990 LX hatch with a LOT of performance and handling modifications including a Vortech V1 supercharger. I'm having a hard time deciding what Cat back exhaust to buy. My old stang had BBK equal ceramic headers, BBK X pipe with high flow Cats, and a Magnaflow Cat back. It was a bit on the quite side but was stock besides a CAI. Right now my new 5.0 has BBK unequal headers and a BBK off road H-Pipe. The exhaust was cut by the hangers so it's got no mufflers right now. What are you guys recommend for a Cat back? I like that the Flowmasters have long 3" tips that are one peace.

reef blue 93

I've always been a fan of flowmaster american thunder and have them on my 93. A second choice would be a MAC cat back. For me those 2 give the traditional fox body sound that can be heard from anywhere. In my opinion the whole magna flow and borla type game is more of a modular sound...again just my opinion from owning an 87,06,04, back to 93. Love the classics and their sounds.

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Welcome to the site!

I too am a fan of the MAC Flowpath cat-back systems. I them on both my '96 Cobra and my '93 5.0 coupe.
Though exhaust is something that is completely subjective to each individuals own personal preference.

I have been looking the new Outlaw mufflers from Flowmaster and may swap out the MAC's on my '93 for those.

LX Shredder

Well decided to buy Magnaflow. With a off road h pipe I bet it will have a good tone compared the carted x pipe I had before. Is there a difference in sound between unequal bbk headers vs equals? I have not got under my car yet and I have a stiffening bar that came with the car. I have not seen them online. Do you guys know if it makes much difference? I will attach a photo. I didn't meet the owner when I baught the car...

Attachments

• 1031181724-1.jpg
    1031181724-1.jpg
    830.6 KB · Views: 4