• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Father and Son 1982 HO 5.0 Resurrection

desarey

Hi All,
The body on this car is rust free and straight but needs some serious paint action. We just started the car yesterday and it ran fine after sitting for 6 (or so) years. I hate saying this, but we plan to make it California street legal, so I'll be looking in the "For Sale" area for a stock exhaust system.

We plan to install a roll bar because they're cool, and paint it an eye catching color against a white floorboard and black or forest green exterior.

Have many other plans and I'll provide some pictures of our progression.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• DSCN0578.JPG
    DSCN0578.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0587.JPG
    DSCN0587.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0589.JPG
    DSCN0589.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 7

broncojunkie

Nice project! Good luck on the exhaust. I know they're still out there. Living in CA, you might have better luck finding oem exhaust. Here in the rust belt (WV), they were trashed within a few years lol!

Blueknights75

You should have good luck finding those stock parts especially in CA. There is a place called stangs-r-us that you should be able to find what you are looking for in CA.

desarey

Thanks bronkojunkie and I've also started to change the rear brakes to 5 lug and disk. Bought SSBC rear setup on CL, but the piston rubber is slightly ripped. I'm looking into SSBC rebuilding the calibers and buy new pad and brake lines.

jtinsman

stangs.r.us is just 2 cities away from me. I may try hitting them up for a smog pump. I'm doing a 5.0 resto

Wordman

Insane
Roll bars and street cars are typically not a great mix. In nearly all cases, the roll bar comes far too close to the occupants head, and, in the event of an accident, the occupants head can come into contact with the roll bar with devastating results. YMMV

Erkenbrand

I wish you were a bit closer. I'm about to pull the air pump, OEM intake, and exhaust from my 1980. The exhaust and the rest is from a 1983, and all in great shape. It sat in a garage in PA for 20 years, and has been sitting in mine for a couple now.

jtinsman

If you are in So Cal, I've had really good luck with stangs.r.us in getting parts. got a few parts for my 5.0 resto so far and I have a list with them for other BOLOs (Be On the Look Outs)

desarey

I wish you were a bit closer. I'm about to pull the air pump, OEM intake, and exhaust from my 1980. The exhaust and the rest is from a 1983, and all in great shape. It sat in a garage in PA for 20 years, and has been sitting in mine for a couple now.
Thanks for the thoughts and you're right, I'm a bit far. Have any pictures of your ride?

desarey

If you are in So Cal, I've had really good luck with stangs.r.us in getting parts. got a few parts for my 5.0 resto so far and I have a list with them for other BOLOs (Be On the Look Outs)
I can't find a website for them, and do you just call them for any questions? It looks like they're in Burbank, which I'd be happy to drive to from San Diego, if they have some things I'll need. Thanks and what does your car look like?

jtinsman

I can't find a website for them, and do you just call them for any questions? It looks like they're in Burbank, which I'd be happy to drive to from San Diego, if they have some things I'll need. Thanks and what does your car look like?
I found them on Instagram and been communicating through there.

My car is a Vermilion 1990 GT. Some small damage on the paint and some small mods from previous owner but mostly unmolested. Biggest thing right now is fixing the gangster lean and I fear my trans needs replacing (AOD).