• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust got quieter After intake swap??

jacksonmetcalf

i recently did the explorer intake swap on my 1987 Ford Mustang gt. I’ve had some problems with it not running like it was before the intake swap. I dont believe it’s the intakes causing this but it happens at the same time I did the swap so that’s where I’m confused. Before it had a nice smooth choppy idle with good power. now it’s wanting to surge, it also feels pretty gutless. Any advice would help greatly, thanks in advance

IFIGOULUZ

i recently did the explorer intake swap on my 1987 Ford Mustang gt. I’ve had some problems with it not running like it was before the intake swap. I dont believe it’s the intakes causing this but it happens at the same time I did the swap so that’s where I’m confused. Before it had a nice smooth choppy idle with good power. now it’s wanting to surge, it also feels pretty gutless. Any advice would help greatly, thanks in advance
Vacuum leak maybe. Check all you vac hoses

2.3svx

Vacuum leak... If not the intake manifold then most likely a plastic hose... My fox vacuum hoses would break if I hit a pothole before I just replaced everything!!