• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Emissions Sticker Location

Indy Pace Car Guy

I have a question. The emissions sticker is missing on my car. I ordered a new one from LMR for the 79 Mustang with the 302.. Does anyone know where the sticker is supposed to be located on the car? The only info I can find is on the solenoid cover. Solenoid cover??? I have never hear of a solenoid cover and mine certainty does not have a cover. What's up with this??? Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Mr.PetesMustang

I had a 1979 Mustang Ghia V8 but can't remember where the emissions label was. I looked through my 1979 Ford shop manuals (which are for sale) and couldn't find it. I did find a photo of a 1979 Mustang V8 and it showed what looked like an original emissions sticker on the coolant recovery/windshield washer reservoir lid. My 1986 Mustang GT has it on the underside of the hood. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• 27617592-1979-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
    27617592-1979-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 7

broncojunkie

Wow! That means I should still have the one off my 79 cobra. The engine is long gone, but I kept the valve covers.