• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Door issues

SexiLilFox

I have a 1989 Mustang and am having issues with the passenger door opening. I have it unlocked and go to open It and it acts like the child lock is on. I know there is no child lock for the Mustang. What I have to do is pull the handle and pull the door in and then I can get it open. Does anyone know what part I have to replace so that is opens properly. Also the driver side door doesn't lock when I push the lock button. I hear something moving in the door when I press the lock button but nothing happens. I have to manually lock the door. What part in the door do I have to replace so it locks properly?
Thanks.

SexiLilFox

Thanks. I definitely want to get those things fixed. It's at the bottom of my list. I have more important things that need to be done first.

broncojunkie

These cars are starting to really show their age, but they were really something in their hay day! Most of them need some work today, but in good shape, they'll reward you. Fun little cars, they are!

SexiLilFox

Yup I definitely love my little fox. Because of no hundreds spot. I'm guessing my car either has over 200,000 miles or over 300,000 miles on her.

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Thanks. I definitely want to get those things fixed. It's at the bottom of my list. I have more important things that need to be done first.[/QUOTE]

There always seems to be something , but I've been fortunate enough to not ever have any real issues with my car in the 25 plus years I've owned it.

Last edited: