• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Covid, anyone?

broncojunkie

Well, it looks like I've come down with a smidge of covid. I've been pretty sick the last couple days, but feeling a little better as of last night. I'm on my off time with work and in town. I hoped to get some work done on one of my project cars, but that's currently on the back burner.

Have any of you had it? Any tips? I mostly have some body aches, fever, and congestion in my lungs. Been taking ibuprofen, cough/congestion meds (expectorant), vit d & c, & zinc.

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it looks like I've come down with a smidge of covid. I've been pretty sick the last couple days, but feeling a little better as of last night. I'm on my off time with work and in town. I hoped to get some work done on one of my project cars, but that's currently on the back burner.

Have any of you had it? Any tips? I mostly have some body aches, fever, and congestion in my lungs. Been taking ibuprofen, cough/congestion meds (expectorant), vit d & c, & zinc.
@broncojunkie sorry to hear that hope you get well..

Blueknights75

Actually had it about 2 months ago and I am fully vaccinated. It kicked my ass and was about to go to the ER for chest pain and breathing issues. Luckily I had my Apple Watch and would continue to monitor my O2 levels. Doctor advised me if my level got below 94% to head to ER. Luckily I never got below 95%. I have never been so tired in my life for those 10 days I had it. All is good now minus I still do not have full taste or smell back. Doctor advised the biggest thing to do is to NOT lay down for more than a few hours at a time. To get up every few hours for just a few minutes so that your lungs don’t build up with crap. Praying for you brother….

USAF286

I know it is easier said than done, but when I had it back in April it helped me when I got outside and went for short walks. It made me feel refreshed and gave my lungs a little bit of a workout.

broncojunkie

I've found that I feel much better when taking ibuprofen. If I don't take it, my fever comes back and I'm wiped out. Took a hot shower last night and then laid down in bed. Woke up a few hrs later feeling bad again and my temp was 102. Oddly enough, my chest congestion seems much better. The come-and-go fever is my main issue. I'll make sure I keep taking the ibuprofen, as it completely knocks the fever down. I have been up and moving around some. Nothing too crazy, but I'm definitely not sleeping much.

Thanks for the tips and prayers! Hopefully, I'll beat it. My wife seems like she's in better shape, but then again, she's healthier than me and has been vaxxed (I haven't).

Last edited:

broncojunkie

Better today. Minor upper respiratory congestion. Lungs still ok. Oxygen good. Mainly just tired. Zero fever. We spent the morning decorating the Christmas tree and that was enough for me. I was hoping to get out this afternoon for the last few hours of deer season (buck rifle season ends today in WV) but I just don't have the energy. Otherwise, I'm doing well. Thanks for asking!