• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Code 52 following Clock Spring and Thermal Fuse Replacement

DennisD

All- I have noticed this is a pretty hot topic on here, unfortunately I can't seem to get a definitive answer to my question. This is my sons car, it is a 2.3L Ford Mustang with a history I am unsure of, other than when I bought it, it had an aftermarket steering wheel (which I didnt realize was originally an air bag car). I got the car home, immediately realized it was an air bag car and bought a column from same year car, with a good air bag. Horn didnt work, I replaced the clock spring. Horn now works. After all this work, I went from a code 51, to now a code 52 after renewing the thermal fuse within the Air Bad Diag box. Due to the threads on this, to make sure that I didnt install a bad box in the car, I pulled the diag box and used a jumper box to input power to the box and tested voltage to the input of the thermal fuse and outlet as you would in your fuse panel and it shows power on both sides. I have checked repeatedly for the "reset connector" near glove box to do a reset, it isnt there. I have disconnected the battery repeated times, unplugged the box, plugged it back in and powered up..... 45 second laster, the code 52 blinks again. Help someone..... lol