• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chronicles of the Beast!

Blown347

Staff member
So I'm pulling the entire drivetrain out of the beast in the next couple months. While I love the setup I have, it's really not ideal for what I want to use it for, which is bracket racing.

SO, my plan is to build a naturally aspirated 408, maybe throw some spray in it. I'm keeping my victor jr heads, and I've been eyeballing the trick flow box r intake. Keeping the 42lb injectors and MAF, and a custom big roller cam. Keeping pump gas, so no stupid high compression.

It's going to get a c4 trans with a trans brake. I'm looking for mid to low 10s, which I think will be pretty simple with this motor. Thoughts? Ideas?

Blown347

Staff member
Yes I'm selling the whole kit. It's a vortech v-1. It needs new bearings. The rebuild is 350 from vortech for new bearings and seals. I'm going to include the Anderson power pipe along with all brackets, hardware, and intake pipe.

Blown347

Staff member
Blower is sold!!
a8azy2y8.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
Yea power steering is nice but I don't feel like it's necessary for the beast. Plus the front of the engine will be a lot cleaner with just a water pump and alternator

Blown347

Staff member
UPDATE:

The build is well underway!

I have the short block, manifold, dizzy and a march alternator bracket in the garage for it so far.

Here are the specs on the motor:

69 block
JE flat top pistons
Eagle H beam rods
Eagle forged zero balance crank
clevite bearings, including cam bearings.
ARP hardware throughout
All machine and assembly work done by fordstrokers.
NEW, not used. there are zero miles on this build. only thing in it is assembly lube.

eje2apyg.jpg

e2une4a2.jpg

abyreqy4.jpg

pe2etyge.jpg

So i have a few goals for this build:

Number one: N/A mid to low consistent 10s on pump gas. Its going to be a bracket car, so consistency is key.
Number two: It WILL be a streetable car, and in that light, i've decided that I want an NMCA king of the street trophy. So that will probably mean a dry shot and mid 9's. spray will only be for fun, such as true street.
Number three: Sound great but not be excessively loud.
Number four: make boosted imports run home and cry to mommy ;)

I will be doing a real wire tuck this time, But I'm not overly concerned with making it a show winner. The car is clean, but no need for excessively flashy, smooth fenderwells, all this stuff. I'm building it to run, not to look at. Only exception to the "show winner" bit is this: the center console will be gone because of the c4 shifter. I want to build something to clean up the dash vice having a huge hole there, something that will hold the stereo deck and look clean.