• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cheap aluminum radiators. Are they worth it?

Foxnotch28

Just wondering if anybody here has an experience they can share on the cheap 2-core aluminum radiators out there. I mainly see them on eBay and the price is between $100-$150. Not sure how good the quality is, but I was told that a 2-core aluminum radiator can cool up to 150% better than even a 3-4 core brass and copper radiator. My car runs a little warm on the highway. Could be that someone didn't put a spring in the lower radiator hose when they changed it, could be the thermostat, but when I replace those parts and switch to silicone hoses I am planning on getting a better radiator. The factory 1-core brass and copper radiator is just not good enough.

Blown347

Staff member
I have a few friends that swear by a certain stock replacement from autozone. They're like 90 or 100 bucks and they're aluminum not copper. I don't have one myself, but might be worth checking into. I can't speak for the quality of some eBay radiators. I know latemodelresto sells a pretty good priced aluminum radiator as well

anthonydalrymple

I have the cheapo Autozone replacement radiator that has an aluminum center with plastic tanks. It's been great for a year now & my friend with the same radiator is doing good for 2 years.... Cools my 331 with no problems; even in 102+ degree weather....