• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bought My High School car back

JimmyJames’s84

Hello I bought a 1984 mustang for $100 in 1999. Sold it in 2007 and just bought it back. Far from what it was but still has the 347 I put in it. They added a roll cage some coil over springs. Needs a lot of TLC but we will get in order.

Attachments

• Mustang 1.jpg
    Mustang 1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2
  • mustang 2.jpg
    mustang 2.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 2
  • mustang 84 3.JPG
    mustang 84 3.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 2
  • mustang 84 1.JPG
    mustang 84 1.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 2
  • mustang 84 2.JPG
    mustang 84 2.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 2

broncojunkie

Nice that you got it back! Did another owner put the aero-style quarter glass on it? I never was a fan of putting them on the 79-86 cars. The trim doesn't match up and I just dig the look of the sail panels.

JimmyJames’s84

After I put the Salleen kit on it it looked funny with the sail panels to me. My buddy had a 1990 and crashed it so I bought it and took the windows from that along with a lot of other stuff. Breaks, spindle's, sway bars, and I converted to a 5 speed manual because I plow my 3 speed auto up street racing.

broncojunkie

I bet you're digging the 5 spd! I have an aod I'm considering putting in one of my cars.... haven't decided which one. It'll either be for my wife's cobra I'm currently working on (originally a c4/c5 auto) or my 82 capri (originally a 4 spd manual). The wife really wanted it to stay auto but recently told me she was fine with the t5. I have everything I need to swap it, including a pedal assembly.