• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bought my first Pony

Hello!!

My name is Rob. Just bought my first Mustang. I was a Honda kid and decided to grow up a little. Right now don't have any huge plans for it, but they will definitely come in the future. It will eventually become a more track orientated build but for now just going to do minor things to keep it fun.

1990 LX 5.0 Notchback 112k on the clock

B303 Cam
BBK Shorty's
BBK X-Pipe
Flowmaster 3 chamber mufflers
2.5" pipes

Right now getting used to the "lopey" feeling. It has a couple small things that I would like to fix right off the bat. Right now having an issue with coasting at around 20mph; it will feel like a grinding/jerking motion when I'm completely off the throttle. On the throttle nothing, but when foots completely off it has the jerking motion to it, not sure if it's because of the cam or something else. Going to trouble shoot it tomorrow. The alt output right now is in the "normal" window but sitting low. Oil pressure is not bad, but definitely would prefer that it's halfway in the "normal" part of the gauge.

Here are the plans for now:

Clean MAF Sensor
Clean Throttle Body
Upgrade to 100amp Alternator
Replace Headlights
Wix Tranmission Filter Replacement
B&M Shift Kit
MSD Ignition (Wires and Distributor)
3.73 Gears

1077715_4971687624123_2065660133_o.jpg