• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Best options to buy/build an aod for drag racing (street/strip) application?

white_stang

My 93 mustang has an 89 stock aod in it. The car is being built for street and strip use, and I want to keep an aod in it. Once built, the engine (302) should hopefully be 400+ horse with nitrous, so I need one that can handle that. What are my best options for buying one or building one, preferably under 2 grand, or 2500 to buy a new one? Ive looked at silverfox, lentech, patc, etc, and im just not sure what the best kit and valve body would be or if its better to buy an assembled trans.

broncojunkie

I'd be interested in what you come up with. I have an aod lying around. It was rebuilt years ago, according to the guy I got it from. It was in his storage unit for 10 yrs or so. I've heard of people building them using 4r70w internals. If I thought I could build it to hold a little extra power, I may use it.