• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Back in a Fox after 6 years. (Hello from Quebec)

Mu-TangCLaN

Hey everyone,
My name is John and I just bought a 92 Lx convertible 4 cylinder/auto.

My first car was a 93 4 cylinder automatic coupe. After a year I traded it back to the original owner along with 3000 bucks for an 84 GT with T5 (CARB), which in my young stupidity I totalled in a ravine late one night around 6 years ago. Despite the catastrophic damage to the body I couldn't bring myself to scrap or part it out, hoping I'd eventually stumble upon a suitable body to transplant the 302 motor and drivetrain I enjoy so much.

3 weeks ago I came across an 92 LX 4 cyclinder/automatic convertible on Kijiji, never thought I'd own a convertible, but I think it'll be a good platform to build an evening cruiser.

So I'm back where I started, but now I have the motor and parts car ready to go. My plan is to begin dissassembling the 84, after some light mechancial functionals to take stock of what still works and to get a better understanding of the system. I'll have more questions as the project continues, but I thought I'd introduce myself and outline a rough idea of what I'm gonna be doing. Anyways it's great to be here. I won't go any deeper on this thread as I understand it's a welcome thread, but if anybody has any questions about my project feel free to ask them. Lord knows further down the road I'll have some for you folks.

2019-06-19 09.29.13.jpg

broncojunkie

Welcome to the group! Looks like you got about as good a start as you can get, with having a complete parts car! Although, I'm always sad to see a 4-eye car put to rest. From the pic, that vert looks CLEAN!