• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Auxiliary Jack

Abbruzese

I have the Ford Premium stereo in my 89 GT. Anyone know how to install an auxiliary jack or better yet a bluetooth in it?

broncojunkie

Only way I know of to do it in a simple way is by getting a bluetooth fm transmitter. There's a couple other ways, but they're more involved/expensive. You can mount another receiver somewhere. The newer receivers that don't have a cd player in them are smaller and may even fit in the center console. You can keep the stock look but have a hidden receiver that can be reached from the driver's seat. You might also be able to get a small amp and run an auxiliary cable with rca adaptor straight into it. Just plug your phone or mp3 player into it and control the volume with the device. I haven't tried any of these, but it has crossed my mind a few times.