• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

AOD transmission laying around

CAAT.D

Hey anyone,

Me and a couple of my buddy's just finished an AOD to t5 swap on my 89 Lx 5.0, in my driveway over the last 2 weekends. I now have the AOD sitting inside our garage and am not sure what to do with is. I dont really want to scrap is cuz i know its worth more than that but my family wants me to get rid of it. If any of you guys have also done the swap and know of anyone who buys up these things that would be great. I figured that the aod is not very popular so there is not a huge demand for them.

Middleagecrisis

Call some of your local transmission shops and see if they'll buy it as a core. You can put it one Craigslist, but honestly you'll have a hard time selling it unless you practically give it away. Tough time to sell stuff, economy sucks and there isn't a lot of free cash lying around. I've got stuff for sale really reasonable and can't find any interest.

CAAT.D

Call some of your local transmission shops and see if they'll buy it as a core. You can put it one Craigslist, but honestly you'll have a hard time selling it unless you practically give it away. Tough time to sell stuff, economy sucks and there isn't a lot of free cash lying around. I've got stuff for sale really reasonable and can't find any interest.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll update if I have any luck

broncojunkie

You can upgrade them with 4r70w parts and make a nice gearbox. Just fyi. You can pick up 4r70w transmissions for a song (later v6 mustang). I have a rebuilt aod laying around and a used 4r70w. Trying to figure out what I'm going to do with them. Due to lack of time, they'll probably just go on the shelf and saved for a rainy day project.