• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone do a seat swap from a different vehicle?

broncojunkie

Just curious here, but I will be looking at doing a complete interior on the 88 GT I'm buying. It has front seats, but they aren't in great shape. I'm wondering if any of you have swapped seats from something other than a mustang. I figure front seats would be easy, but there may be some drilling or minor fabrication/altering of the frame. The back seat well most likely be the big problem, although, I may be able to use a mustang seat and have it re-covered to match.

Takis31gk

I'm running 04 Mach 1 seats in my 93 LX convertible. The front seats were easy, but the rears required some modification. We had the original seat bottom recovered with the Mach 1 cover, and the seat back was modified to fit the convertible body as oppose to a coupe/hatchback.

Takis31gk

Bolted right in, easy. I changed the seat belts too, which was another animal in of itself. I'd recommend converting to the newer seatbelts, but modification is needed.

Blown347

Staff member
The seats from any 79-04 mustang will fit in the front, I believe 99-04 are slightly different but they still fit. 05-14 seats have completely different tracks, they will fit as well, but require some modification.