• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alternator bracket advice

Comins

I have a 92 GT 331 Dart .
I'll be stuffing an 80/88 on the passenger side so my passenger side header will be a forward/up , I previously had a V2 blower on the car and was able to jump off the bracket and hang my alternator almost parallel to the crank, (VERY LOW) like the SBC kit. I have searched high and low and cannot find a bracket anywhere that will put this alternator remotely in the same spot. The only brackets I find are mid to high, does anybody know of a bracket that will slam this alternator to the ground???????? I know I can't be the only one that's been looking for this or had this issue. Thanks in advance

Redtwilight

Shinigami
I have a 92 GT 331 Dart .
I'll be stuffing an 80/88 on the passenger side so my passenger side header will be a forward/up , I previously had a V2 blower on the car and was able to jump off the bracket and hang my alternator almost parallel to the crank, (VERY LOW) like the SBC kit. I have searched high and low and cannot find a bracket anywhere that will put this alternator remotely in the same spot. The only brackets I find are mid to high, does anybody know of a bracket that will slam this alternator to the ground???????? I know I can't be the only one that's been looking for this or had this issue. Thanks in advance

If you have Facebook check out Speed Doctor Racing Components . He may have something that might work. He is also currently working on a bracket to move the alternator to the driver side.

Comins

If you have Facebook check out Speed Doctor Racing Components . He may have something that might work. He is also currently working on a bracket to move the alternator to the driver side.
Thanks for the reply, I have spoken to him and he has nothing, only mid to high locations, and the lower driver would not work as my turbo manifold will be a forward and down location , looking like I may have to just fab my own was just hoping someone out there had already banged one out.