• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Already having problems

Colin92

I just picked up my first foxbody. It’s a 92 Gt 5sp. A day after I brought it home it started doing the single click once I turn the key. The battery’s good so I’m guessing it’s the starter? Anyways though once I get everything settled I was wondering what’s the best way to get some more power. My budget is 2k FA9477BE-8AB9-4FD4-8A39-90ED0BB0FF05.jpeg

Erkenbrand

Welcome from NY! Any luck checking the cables and ground? I've had that same problem on various Fords, and usually found the problem was bad / loose battery connections. Have you tried jumping across the solenoid terminals to see if that will get it to turn over?

Pshafar

I just picked up my first foxbody. It’s a 92 Gt 5sp. A day after I brought it home it started doing the single click once I turn the key. The battery’s good so I’m guessing it’s the starter? Anyways though once I get everything settled I was wondering what’s the best way to get some more power. My budget is 2k View attachment 3662
Check your starter solenoid. Take the starter off and check the contact points. Make sure the solenoid action is smooth. Put her back and crank it up! Good luck!