• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Addition of Roll Cage made the car loose power

Regi

Hello guys.

I need some help. I have a 1991 GT manual mustang convertible that was running just fine with the new 347 we put in. Since i was getting rattling sounds, I decided to put a roll cage in the car. Well since then the car runs like a stock 5,0L lacking a lot of Hp plus it runs hot and is hard on gas.

I am clueless as to why it lost all of its power. It ran like a rocket before but not it seems feels stock. 200 hp missing. The weird part is that the car starts and runs fine. If i didn’t knew what kind of power it was making before I wouldn’t know the car had a problem. This is how smooth it runs.

The only thing I can think of is that when going through the dash (through the front speakers opening to connect the cade to the floor)) I may of broken or damage a wire. I looked all over and under and i just don’t see whar wire I may have damaged.

But what wire would do that?? Wire that would connect to what?? I chechef and the TPS has all its voltages, EGR, MAF I check those too. What eire could do that?? If i knew then I would know where to look.