• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A/C Questions

jsimmonstx

I'm putting a stroked Windsor into my 2012 Mustang, and I want to put A/C back in the car. I'm going to use accessories from a 93 Mustang.

Since the car already has what I assume are appropriate A/C parts, my plan is to use the compressor from a 93 Mustang and make my own hoses to connect it to the existing plumbing.

In searching for the appropriate parts, I noticed there's two different kinds of compressors - a 5-ear one (Denso?), and another that appears to use four bolts to (Sanden?) to mount to a bracket. I also read that the Sanden is the preferred unit because it's bigger. Personally, I'd rather use the Sanden because it doesn't require the manifolds that sit on top of the Denso.

My question is this - how does the Sanden mount to the block? Does it use the same 3-piece bracket set as the Denso? If not, can someone point me to a picture of the correct bracket(s)?

Can anyone here give me some tips/advice regarding A/C?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SexiLilFox

Lol I'm sorry to correct you. But they haven't came out with the 2102 Mustang yet unless you are from the future. Lol. Just poking some fun at you.