• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

92 Mustang GT Project Build

stephen

Alright guys I bought my car around 2 years ago and have been putting it together slowly I'm curious to how much horsepower I'll be making to my flywheel, I bought a skat forged 347 stroker rotating assembly- 11 1/2 to 1 compression, .30 Over on the block, a mild cam from lunati the lift is 571 I had the cam degreed for max performance, a set of pro comp heads with 190cc intake runners and I beleive 60cc or 64cc combustion chambers, a edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake, 1.6 rocker arms, swapped it to a 750 double pumper holley carb, all new steel braided 1/2" fuel lines with a holley blue fuel pump, any guesstimations on what kinda power I can make with this set up?

Blown347

Staff member
Alright guys I bought my car around 2 years ago and have been putting it together slowly I'm curious to how much horsepower I'll be making to my flywheel, I bought a skat forged 347 stroker rotating assembly- 11 1/2 to 1 compression, .30 Over on the block, a mild cam from lunati the lift is 571 I had the cam degreed for max performance, a set of pro comp heads with 190cc intake runners and I beleive 60cc or 64cc combustion chambers, a edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake, 1.6 rocker arms, swapped it to a 750 double pumper holley carb, all new steel braided 1/2" fuel lines with a holley blue fuel pump, any guesstimations on what kinda power I can make with this set up?

My guess would be around 400-420 flywheel. The air gap intake would be the biggest limiter on that setup, next would be the heads, pro comps leave a lot to be desired compared to other off the shelf heads. Should still be a mean little motor though.

Blown347

Staff member
My 349 with victor jr heads and 8lbs of boost made 580 at the wheels so that's a bit of a stretch