• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Want to Buy 90-93 Hatchback 5.0

Peacock_Mantis

Howdy everybody! I’m new to the community and don’t officially have a foxbody(I know bummer). Anyway I figured I make a post here to see if anyone has a clean car for sale that needs a loving garage. I guess budget wise I wouldn’t want to spend more than 7-10k.

broncojunkie

Yes, you're probably referring to the mass airflow system. 86-88 were speed density, but ford went to maf in 89. (The California cars actually went to maf in 88). You're wise to stick to a maf car, if possible. Otherwise, you'll be trying to source a hard-to-find ecu. The conversion harness isn't too expensive, but you'll have some $ in the maf sensor and intake tube kit.

I'm on the east coast, but you shouldn't have a problem finding one where you are. Here in the rust belt, they're getting pretty scarce lol!

I know of a really nice earlier v6 vert for sale, is why I asked. He's asking around $6k but it's low miles and good, original condition. The v8 cars seem to be easier to find. A lot of 4 cyl and v6 cars have been parted or swapped.