• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89' Drivers seat replacement

RedBadgerFox

Had to remove my drivers seat as the mounts in several places where broken from previous owner. Any idea of seats that will swap in easily?

broncojunkie

I'm curious myself. I haven't done much swapping of seats.... just factory replacements and repair. I see a lot of guys going with the aftermarket seats. I believe seats from newer Mustangs work, but are a little too wide for the fox, so they don't fit as well. Maybe someone here has tried it?

Ive got aftermarket raciing seats in mine. I dont know what brand as they were in the car when i bought it. Ill have to check when i take it out again BUT

I had to remove the driver side since the guy that had it before was a little bigger than me and broke the seat recliner. So it was holding in the sitting positon with 4x4s behind it! LOL

Was able to fix the seat and switch driver with passenger in the mean time.

I simply mention cause mine are legit bolt on, and off with ZERO issues as for fitment. Not even extra washers underneath like my old OEM seats had. I know for sure they is seats that perfectly fit Foxes! Dont be discouraged yet :)