• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

80 Notch in Northern Colorado

BlakeS

Just picked up an 80 Foxbody Notch with a 351 and 5 speed thats a 15 footer for sure (looks good from 15+ feet). Lots of things that need to get fixed but the previous owners also did quite a bit to the car. Its somewhat recently been resprayed in what looks like the factory white paint, the motor was torn down and all new gaskets installed, while the motor was out it also had a new clutch installed. Its got an old 5 lug conversion on it along with old school suspension upgrades that probably need redone but we will get to that. The goal is a solid cruiser that the family can take out to AutoX and potentially light track duty.

Pics for attention
20230117_193725.jpg

20230116_080728.jpg

If your wondering why in the second pic it looks like the car is rolling on 12" and 14" trailer tires, cause it is. After purchasing the car an hour drive from home I was driving it back when the driver rear wheel flew off on the interstate at night. I couldn't find the wheel or the brake drum that also left the chat so I was forced to leave it on the side of the road for the evening. When I showed up the next morning with my trailer some wonderful people decided they need the 3 wheels more than I did and proceeded to steal them. Thankfully a Walmart was close that had some 5x4.5 trailer wheels that would allow me to roll it on the trailer and bring the car home. Another Facebook search and 4 new used wheels later I could finally get it in the garage before the snow storm last night. As you can tell the car is off to a fantastic start.