• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5 lug disk brake conversion kit

Dillon217

I have a 90 mustang gt. I want to do the 5 lug conversion but also the disk brake conversion. Cant seem to find a whole kit thats all together.

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Is this what you're looking for?
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-4234CB-K/Mustang-1993-Cobra-5-Lug-Conversion-Kit
There's also a 31 spline version. The only thing this kit doesn't come with, far as I can tell, is the booster and master cylinder. Both are available at Rockauto or about any parts store.

That kit will also need the calipers and a proportioning valve.

I have a 90 mustang gt. I want to do the 5 lug conversion but also the disk brake conversion. Cant seem to find a whole kit thats all together.

There are several routes that this could be obtained.

You could gather your own M-2300-K brake kit using the parts list on the instruction sheets.

Or find a wrecked 94-95 GT or Cobra in a junkyard and pull nearly everything including the spindles, booster / MC, rear end, and lines.

You could just swap rear ends if you wanted. But keep in mind that the '94-95's have a wider track width to account for the ABS ring. If not you can still use the parts from the '95-'95 rear on the fox rear. You will just need to use 5 lug axles that are Fox width, either aftermarket or Ranger / Aerostar axles.
You can use the ‘83 to ‘92 4 cylinder or 3.0L V6 Ranger/Bronco II with a 7.5″ rear end you will need two driver’s side axles. Only the driver’s side will work as the pumpkin on these rear ends is offset and the axles are different lengths (you need the longer of the two axles). It should measure 29-5/32″.
From an Aerostar you will need two of the passenger side axles from an 86 to 97 model.
The axles are all the same so they can be mix-matched (i.e. – one driver’s side axle from a Ranger and one passenger side axle from an Aerostar).

I've been collecting mostly all new parts to do my own M-2300-K kit. I still have a few little items to get before I get around to doing the actual swap.