• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

205cc trickflow heads

Lancecole18

Hello everyone new to this forum, I am looking for help I’m done with the keyboard warriors on Facebook. I put 205cc twisted wedge heads on my 302. My intake crack the bolt holes for the fuel rail, so rather than fixing it I would like to find a new intake that can match the lower intake ports to these big heads. I’m struggling to find one, has anyone ran the setup? What worked best for you? Also what head gaskets do you all recommend?

Attachments

• DF6425F8-EA24-41F7-8906-7F9D05EDEA41.jpeg
    DF6425F8-EA24-41F7-8906-7F9D05EDEA41.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 2
  • 86C83ECE-1728-4240-B457-700010096E89.jpeg
    86C83ECE-1728-4240-B457-700010096E89.jpeg
    796.8 KB · Views: 2
  • C5E6B807-F1CC-4532-B6F8-DA6D7E6FDA97.jpeg
    C5E6B807-F1CC-4532-B6F8-DA6D7E6FDA97.jpeg
    773.2 KB · Views: 2

347HO

I have a few questions...
Is that a stock intake lower and upper?
Is that a stock bottom end?
Is that stock valvetrain?
Stock transmission?

The potential of those heads are extreme and I'm curious what your end goal is here.

I too have those heads, so I have a very deep understanding of the 302 based directions this build can go.

Hope to hear from you...

Dana

347HO

Oh...
And off the top of my head, without knowing a damn thing about your setup, I will suggest;
Trick flow R upper and lower intake for those heads.

Lancecole18

I have a few questions...
Is that a stock intake lower and upper?
Is that a stock bottom end?
Is that stock valvetrain?
Stock transmission?

The potential of those heads are extreme and I'm curious what your end goal is here.

I too have those heads, so I have a very deep understanding of the 302 based directions this build can go.

Hope to hear from you...

Dana
Yes that is a stock intake lower and upper.
Stock bottom end.
Trickflow valve train.
“Built T5”.
Yes these heads all I will ever need, procharged is the end goal of course after building the bottom end. Just a track street car.

347HO

There are so many ways to go with this.

Are you interested in a "blow thru" efi setup using a "super victor" style intake, elbow and factory TB, fuel rails?
You will need like a "megasquirt" for control, once supercharger is installed.

or

Trick Flow offerings?
I believe the best option is no longer offered which was the "box r" unit.

Next would be the "r" unit, which is pretty good out of the box.

I don't believe there are any "stock" options that are even marginal for your heads unless you put the blower on. In this case, the N/A aspect doesn't matter, and your head selection isn't taken advantage.

I no longer port heads and flow bench test, but I still know what has the best potential for success and what has greater chance of failure.

I hope I'm helping and not muddying the waters if thought.

You may need to purchase a blower cam with the blower install... But that's a whole nother thread.

Lancecole18

There are so many ways to go with this.

Are you interested in a "blow thru" efi setup using a "super victor" style intake, elbow and factory TB, fuel rails?
You will need like a "megasquirt" for control, once supercharger is installed.

or

Trick Flow offerings?
I believe the best option is no longer offered which was the "box r" unit.

Next would be the "r" unit, which is pretty good out of the box.

I don't believe there are any "stock" options that are even marginal for your heads unless you put the blower on. In this case, the N/A aspect doesn't matter, and your head selection isn't taken advantage.

I no longer port heads and flow bench test, but I still know what has the best potential for success and what has greater chance of failure.

I hope I'm helping and not muddying the waters if thought.

You may need to purchase a blower cam with the blower install... But that's a whole nother thread.
Yea I have holly dominator brand new in the box when I do the blower, yea cam will be changed it’s just a B cam right now.

Yes very helpful that intake will work.