• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1992 Mustang lx coupe

Here is my 92 mustang lx coupe 4 banger with 2.3L and the A4LD auto trans with calypso green paint exterior and originally titanium grey interior. But swapped it out in favor of black sport interior. Clear on the outside is flaking all over, especially on the hood, roof and trunk areas. It looks much better after washing it and in the evening. It also has some rare Roh wheels on it, that I finally acquired after a long wait.uploadfromtaptalk1349925409034.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Looks familiar like a twin or something

caytwinsnandosparts001.jpg

Here's old pics of titanium grey interior. It was actually in nice shape. But...love black interior.
uqy2uhun.jpg

ebyjy4e2.jpg

And here's the current interior, black tweed sport seats up front and back.
arujymad.jpg

deryvehe.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

I saw her on Craigslist and immediately jumped on it and called to find out if I could go look at it. Voicemail...so I try again and guy picks up n says that tomorrow would be better. So I tell him that I have cash in hand and he changes his mind. I get there and it looks like its been neglected with a window cracked open to let the elements do their damage. Didn't run at all, he'd been told was timing belt replacement that needed replacement. It didn't really matter, as I would convert it into a 5.0. Luckily it wasn't bad inside, exterior had been beaten pretty good by sun n rain. I looked it over and didn't think twice. Ever since I saw calypso coupes notchback I fell in love with the color. So twenty minutes later I'm loading her up on her way to her new home. I tried to get her running, tried many things. Finally a compression test told me the motor was done. So it sat for a while, until a found a 4 banger 93 foxbody vert for a steal and the bonus was that it had BLACK interior. Which then couldn't pass up, so Phil and I went to testdrive it and took it home. Initially the plan was to swap interiors, but went ahead and swapped the running 4 banger into my calypso coupe. The plan then changed to keep it a 4 banger and daily drive it. But now the time has come to convert it into a 5.0, its in the cards now with the 89 gt becoming a donor car.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Here's what's goin into her from the 89 gt donor car...

Underdrive pulleys,
Flex a lite electric fan
fluidyne radiator
mac shorty headers,
gt40 tubular intake
aeromotive fuel rails, lines and fpr
3g alternator, crane
1.6 roller rockers
E cam
255 fuel pump
Ford motorsport 140 cluster
Tremec 3550 tranny w/ b&m short shifter
alum driveshaft
Toms k/a axles
3.55 gears
Trickflow diff cover
Stock h pipe
And more stuff goin into it. ;)
Torque box reinforcement kit
UPR caster camber plates
Hotchkis adj upper control arms
Granatelli adj spring perch lower control arms
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Spec aluminum flywheel
Maximum motorsports subframe connectors
Autometer oil psi, water temp and fuel psi 2 5/8 gauges with triple pod pillar
And more parts to come hopefully.
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Haven't had any updates, gathering parts here and there. Picked up this saleen/vortech intake. This will be going on the calypso coupe and the gt40 tubular will come off to go onto the 89 coupe(daily driver). :D

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361637983054.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361637983054.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 9
Also came up on an awesome deal for her on this SSBC rear disc conversion kit for a steal! And a ford motorsport proportioning valve to complete it. Bye bye drum brakes!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361638287504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361638287504.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361638303151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361638303151.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 13

89stang1

looking good bro! i have that SSBC rear disc brake kit on my car...looks like u got all the parts to it even the master cylinder