• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 US Edition Mustang

bluebellbus

Attachments

• $_202.JPG
    $_202.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm in the market for a fox body and I've found this one that's called a "US Edition". Apparently it was a dealer installed package in Connecticut and it is very rare. He allegedly has a magazine article on it. I have not been able to find a thing about it anywhere doing a google search. Has anybody heard of this edition? Here's the ad for it:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/medicine-hat/1988-u-s-edition-mustang-very-rare/562457225
never heard of it you can check out this thread.. I can't find anything rare in the pics...
http://www.foxbodymustangs.org/comm...bout-special-fox-body-mustangs.255/#post-3638

$_202.JPG
$_203.JPG
$_204.JPG

Last edited:

bluebellbus

I actually ended up buying it. It was REALLY clean and it was very obvious the odo has not turned over. Here is the magazine article from a 1988 mustang monthly explaining the build/install.
Front Cover Mustang Monthly - 1988 low dpi.jpeg US Mustang Article - 1988 low dpi.jpeg

Blown347

Staff member
was it in an accident? The front bumper does not have the decals all the way on the front bumper like the magazine. Also, try and post up more pics...
Good observation. The front clip may have been replaced. Easiest way to tell is check the radiator core support. If its bent on the bottom or has anything other then flimsy spot welds tying it to the car that's a good sign it was wrecked

was it in an accident? The front bumper does not have the decals all the way on the front bumper like the magazine. Also, try and post up more pics...
Good eye I did not notice that I had to go back and look for what you were referring to. I didn't see tho oddities on the fox I purchased until after the fact either. Always how I find everything.....during hand washes. I bust all drivers in my house that way. What can I say I am meticulous in my car washed so I notice everything.

broncojunkie

Could have been something as simple as pulling up to a parking block that was a little too high, bug/rock damage, or just cracking paint from the flexible plastic, with the paint getting brittle over time. Regardless, great find and very cool car! Are you planning on keeping it all stock?