• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 Speed Density running rich

Mpbgt

I just completed a motor rebuild on my 88 GT convertible. It had an oil pressure issue but otherwise ran smooth. The only mods I made in the rebuild other than stock were stainless headers and an off-road h pipe.
I just started the car and man does it run rich at idle and rough. Could this be because of the new h pipe and lack of back pressure? I put all new 18lbs injectors in it along with new plugs. It still has the stock fuel rail.

Any insights would be helpful

broncojunkie

Did you pull the plugs? Are all of them covered in soot/carbon? Curious if it's running rich in all cylinders or just certain ones.

Mpbgt

Did you pull the plugs? Are all of them covered in soot/carbon? Curious if it's running rich in all cylinders or just certain ones.
I have not gotten that far, I just started it later last Night. I’ll be checking that next.

Last edited:

Mpbgt

I guess as i think about it, any help on what sensors have an impact on air fuel ratio in a speed density car would be helpful. Map, coolant, and what else?