• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 GT Convertible Top Latch Issue

pacnw

I have an 1988 GT Convertible that I have had since it was new. After having a new top installed, I am having an issue with latching the top on the drivers side. The top does not line up with the alignment pin (picture attached) and I can not latch the top down on the driver side. Passenger side works normally.

This is the fourth top installed on the car. Factory top and this is the third replacement. I have never had this problem on the two previous replacements. The car has never been in an accident and as far as I know the top mechanism has never been damaged. The shop where I took it for repair is going to try and fix this but I want to understand what the problem is. I told the shop that maybe the top is too tight in the back passenger side pulling the top that way, but they said that wasn't the problem.Mustang 1988 Convertible latch.jpg